Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Official End ... or not.

Well, it's done and done.

I've not logged into SWTOR too much recently as it's just been ... well, SWTOR.  I was excited about the Super Secret Space Project, but sadly, after playing the beta I was less than impressed.  It's a twitchy, min-maxxing nightmare of PVP.  I'm sure loads of folks will like it, but it's simply not for me and that's ok.

I loaded it up today, just to give it another shot; one more chance for SWTOR to shine in my eyes.  It failed.  Miserably.  The space combat just isn't ... it's just not what I was hoping.

So, I've cancelled for real this time.  I'll be uninstalling soon, I think.  I don't even feel like playing it as a free-to-player, to be honest.  SWTOR, for me, has sunsetted.  I'll be eagerly awaiting the next iteration of Star Wars in the gaming space, whether it be the long-gestating DICE Battlefront product, or the rumors of a new EA-produced Star Wars open world game.

Either way, it was fun while it lasted.  Fare thee well, SWTOR.  You made me love you, made me hate you, but ultimately ...

You just made me not care anymore.

/tiphat

See ya'll 'round the bend.

Whatever, I'm back.

- Targeter

5 comments:

  1. :(

    I'll see you posting in the WoW Insider comment section I guess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also see my nonsensical ramblings (however infrequent) on Twitter! @itsatrapLOL

      GO GO SHAMELESS PLUG!

      Delete
  2. Will your travels be taking you to any other gaming space?? I did enjoy reading your take, even after I had also left SWTOR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure I'll be writing about Everquest Next ... I've thought about doing something with my WoW adventures as well. Never count out a good agent!

      Delete
  3. You will be missed my Wildcats Fan friend :)

    ReplyDelete